Friday 31 August 2012

One Small Thing



One Small Thing (One Thing #1)

(Romance M/M)
Source: eARC/NetGalley
by

"Daddy" is not a title Rue Murray wanted, but he never thought he'd have sex with a woman either. Now he's the unwitting father of a newborn named Alice. Between bartending and cosmetology school, Rue doesn't have time for babies, but he can't give her up. What Rue needs is a babysitter, and he's running out of options. He's on the verge of quitting school to watch Alice himself when he remembers his reclusive new neighbor, Erik. Erik Van Nuys is a sci-fi novelist with anxiety issues to spare. He doesn't like people in general, and he likes babies even less. Still, with his royalties dwindling, he could use the extra cash. Reluctantly, he takes on the role of manny-and even more reluctantly, he finds himself falling for Alice and her flamboyant father. Rue and Erik are as different as two people can be, and Alice is the unlikeliest of babies, but Rue has never been happier than when Alice and Erik are by his side. At least, not until he receives an offer that puts all his dreams within reach and he's forced to choose: the future he's always wanted, or the family he thought he never did

From Goodreads

Goodreads_icon_50x50

My Review...

Well.....I liked the story and the personality of the characters. I loved how Alice brought everyone together. I also loved the unconventional family that she brought together. 

My only beef and it is only me because this is just a personal preference is that when I read I like more masculine leads with m/m. Rue and Erik were not my normal leads choice but the story was still sweet and I will read the next one to find out what happens next. 

I did love the quirkiness of Erik and how he over came so many challenges to finally be free of his own demons so he could find love. 

3 Thumbs up ! thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

One Small Thing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.