Tuesday 14 August 2012

Dante's Girl (The Paradise Diaries)


Dante's Girl (The Paradise Diaires #1)

(YA)

Source: Kindle

by

I have spent every summer since I was ten years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring.
Until this year.

And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:

1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes.
2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto,” even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.
3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.
4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of the Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise.
5. See number four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew of problems and I’ve learned something from every one of them.

Let’s start with the fact that Dante’s world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raised on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference?

But hearts don’t care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante’s girl.

My heart just might be crazy


From Goodreads


Goodreads_icon_50x50


My Review...

This is my first book of Courtney Cole's to read and I was very impressed. I can not wait to read her other series. 

I loved this book! It had such a harmonious balance of love, humor, mystery, friendship, and family.

I loved Dante and Reece from the start.  It is story of finding one's self and making the journey to do the right things for yourself instead of others. 

Dante and Reece are like ying and yang and together make a great whole. 

I am so excited that this book is going to be a series and that will get to continue with Mia and Quinn. I just hope that we still get to see Dante and Reece in the next one as well.

Here is little quote of why I love Dante.

"I love you. I love everything about you. I love the way you laugh and your American Accent and teh way you never doubt that you can do something. You just always assume that you can. I love that. I love you. And we will make this work. There is no one for me in the entire world but you." 

How can you NOT love Dante with a quote like this

5 big thumbs up! thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Dante's Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.