Monday 13 August 2012

Book Boyfriend Monday - Cage York

So I decided that this week should be....

 Cage York from the Sea Breeze series (While it Lasts and Because of Low) by Abbi Glines

After reading While it lasts I absolutely fell in love Cage York and I want to share my love for him.

Some of the reasons why I love him

1) He is gorgeous and broken (oh how I love that combination as it is only sweeter when he gets fixed)
2) Once he finds his heart his love is so overwhelming, protective and whole
3) His connection with his best friend Willow is heart warming
4) Cage and Eva's bond is just so beautiful
5) The fact that no one except Willow has faith in him which just makes you cheer for him to find the love that he deserves

Here are some of the examples of why I love Cage

Marcus shook his head, "you won't wear out your welcome. I'm positive Cage would never want you somewhere else. He's very protective of you."  (Because of Low)

"Cage is all I 've got. He's my best friend and I overlook his issues. If a guy comes around worth fighting over I won't let Cage stand in my way......" (Because of Low)

"Why're you all for me talking to Marcus, giving him another chance? Weren't you planning on marrying me eventually? I'd think this screws up your ten year plan."  Cage chuckled and draped an arm over my shoulders, "I guess it does kinda mess up my well thought out future but the thing is, Marcus makes you happy. He can love you in ways I can't. I'm all kinds of fucked up, Low.  You and I both know I'd never make a good husband." (Because of Low)

Damn if her smile wasn't fucking gorgeous. Not to mention that laugh made me want to soak it in and keep it for later. Just knowing it was me making her smile made everything else seem less important. (While if lasts)

"If she's smart enough to let you in, the real you, not the one you share with the females whose panties you just want to get in, then she's a smart woman." (While it lasts)

"It's going to be the closest to heaven I'll ever get, baby." (While it lasts)

"I can't hurt her and I will not leave her." (While it lasts)

Once he had me panting for breathe he broke the kiss and buried his head in the curve of my neck. "I fucking love you." I giggle. That was a very Cage response. "I do. I swear it. I should have never left. I was scared. I was stupid. I will make it up to you for the rest of our lives."

Quotes and phrases from Because of Low and While it lasts.

Of While it Lasts I absolutely loved this book. I was bawling from the beginning and fell in love throughout the book with Eva and Cage. Such an amazing story. Thank you Abbi Glines for more on her books go to www.abbiglines.com



While It Lasts (Sea Breeze #3)

by

Maybe driving home after a few (or more) shots of tequila had been a bad idea, but hell, he did it all the time. The cops had to have been freaking bored to have pulled him over. He wasn’t even swerving! That’s Cage York’s story and he’s sticking to it.

Unfortunately, his baseball coach isn’t buying it. Cage has a free ride to the local junior college for baseball -- or he did, until he’d gotten a DUI. Now, Cage has to decide: does he drop out and give up his dream of getting noticed by a college in the SEC, and possibly making it into the Major Leagues -- or does he give in to his coach’s demands and spend his summer baling hay?

Eva Brooks planned out her life step by step when she was eight years old. Not once over the years had she lost sight of her goals. Josh Beasley, her next door neighbor, had been the center of those goals. He’d been her first boyfriend at seven, her first kiss at ten, her first date at fifteen, and her first tragedy at eighteen. The moment she’d received the phone call from Josh’s mother saying he’d been killed along with four other soldiers just north of Baghdad, Eva’s carefully planned life imploded in the worst way possible.

Cage isn’t real happy with his closet-sized bedroom in the back of a foul smelling barn, or his daily interactions with cows, but he knows that if he doesn’t make his coach happy then he can kiss his scholarship goodbye. Only a sick and twisted man would decide his punishment was to be working on a farm all summer. No hot babes in bikinis waiting to meet a Southern boy to make her vacation complete. Just him and the damned cows.

Oh -- and an uptight, snarky brunette with the biggest blue eyes he’s every seen. But she doesn’t count, because as hard as he’s tried to charm her out of her panties - he’s pretty sure she’d rather see him hung from the rafters than let him get a taste of her pretty little lips 


From Goodreads


Because of Low (Sea Breeze #2)

by

In my debut novel, Breathe, Sadie may have fallen in love with the teen rock star, Jax Stone, but readers fell head over heels for Marcus Hardy. This is his story…

Marcus Hardy had hoped to enjoy a year away at college while he put the summer he’d rather forget behind him. But instead, he’s jerked right back to the coastal town of Sea Breeze, Alabama due to a family crisis. His dear ol' dad found himself a girlfriend only a few years older than Marcus. So now his sister needs help dealing with their mother who is mentally falling apart. The only bright spot to returning is the fascinating red head who sleeps over several times a week. The problem is she's sleeping in bed with his new roommate, Cage York.

Willow “Low” Foster needs a place to live. Running to Cage’s apartment every time her sister kicks her out isn’t exactly a long term solution. Juggling her courses at the local community college and a part time job doesn’t produce excess income. But Cage has a new roommate and suddenly sleeping over at her best friend’s apartment isn’t such a bad thing. Not when she gets to see those sexy green eyes of Marcus Hardy’s twinkle when he smiles at her like he wants her there.
Even though Cage seems a little territorial where Low is concerned, Marcus finds time to spend with Low without upsetting his roommate. Cage may use his small college baseball star persona to sleep with every hot female in his path but he’s still under the disillusion that when he’s through sowing his wild oats, he’s going to marry Low. Marcus intends to change that assumption for both Cage and Low. Until his carefully laid plans come crashing down with a revelation he never expected. He’ll have to choose between Low or his family. Because once the truth comes out.... there’s no other choice.


From Goodreads


 

Breathe (Sea Breeze #1)

by

Sadie White's summer job isn't going to be on the beach life-guarding or working at rental booths like most kids her age. With her single mother's increasing pregnancy and refusal to work, Sadie has to take over her mother's job as a domestic servant for one of the wealthy summer families on a nearby island.

When the family arrives at their summer getaway, Sadie is surprised to learn that the owner of the house is Jax Stone, one of the hottest teen rockers in the world. If Sadie hadn't spent her life raising her mother and taking care of the house she might have been normal enough to be excited about working for a rock star.

Even though Sadie isn't impressed by Jax's fame, he is drawn to her. Everything about Sadie fascinates Jax but he fights his attraction. Relationships never work in his world and as badly as he wants Sadie, he believes she deserves more. By the end of the summer, Jax discovers he can't breathe without Sadie 


From Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.