Monday 27 July 2015

Breaking (Fall or Break #2) by Barbara Elsborg ~ #bookreview #MM @samhainpub

http://amzn.to/1KsU1x9
Breaking (Fall or Break #2)

by

Archer Hart is on the move before the man he’s just killed is found. When a bullet whizzes past his ear, he realizes hunter is now hunted. So much for his retirement plans. Someone wants him dead and all he can do is keep running.

Downed by a hit and run driver, barrister Conrad Black is certain the ‘accident’ was deliberate but he has no proof or support. In recovery, struggling to work out of partial paralysis, he has plenty of time to wonder who regrets not striking him harder. At this point, running anywhere is a distant dream.

The confidence, determination and stamina of two alphas males will mean little if neither is willing to bend—seize the love offered—and work together to understand why they’re suddenly both marked men. Not easy for either when Archer has broken the law in the worst possible way and Conrad is the law.





PRE-ORDER FOR JULY 28/15: AMAZON (US) | AMAZON (CAN)


Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Samhain Publishing via NetGalley
Genre: MM Contemporary Romance
Part 2 of a on going series but could be read as a standalone

My Breaking Review ...

After reading Falling and falling in love with Barbara Elsborg's writing I jumped at the chance to read this book.  As well as we get Conrad's story.  Technically this is book two in this series, and yes it does help with the back story of Conrad, but if by chance you read this first it would still be a great story, and it would make you want to read Falling to see how it all happened. So basically a win win in all. 


Yeah! We finally get to see a more behind the controlling game playing Conrad.  In Breaking we get the battle of the tops between the super secretive Archer and the once on top Conrad.

After an incident that has left Conrad in a different position then he usually is, he goes to lick his wounds and heal on his own.  Once here he meets the elusive Archer who intrigues him as well as unsettles him.

"Fuck you."  That was mature.
Archer laughed.  "Maybe, but not until I've fucked you."
Conrad turned his face into the pillow but he smiled.

Both of these strong men don't want to give up their dependence but they're also finding it hard to stay away from one another.   I loved Archer immediately and especially the change he has brought with Conrad, but now its the battle of the wills between these two until one of them submits.

"Why the hell do you keep walking away?"
"When you want me to fuck you, I won't"


"Then don't, but giving in doesn't make you weak.  The power is yours.  You're the one making me feel this way, making the breath catch in my throat, making my balls ache.  Can't you see the desperation in my face?"

As these two are battling with each other they are also trying to live when they become targeted.  But who's the real target?  As they both learn that all is not as it seems in their worlds.

"I know exactly what you are and I know I should be asking you to leave my son alone,  but I've seen the way he looks at you.  Don't run away from him.  Whatever you're striving for in your life is right in front of you.  Don't lose it.  Conrad is broken but I believe you can mend him.  If you give him a chance, maybe he can mend you too."

I LOVED these two together.  Their dominance and submission with one another is a balance that they both need. 

"Harder,"  Conrad grasped.  "All of you."  "You're my anchor,"  Archer whispered in his ear.  "You keep me safe."

Conrad ended up being a big ol' softie.  Loved that part that once he found his right match he morphed into something so genuinely sweet and charming yet still strong and demanding.

"I'm just like you but for different reasons.  You're my second chance.  What do I have to do to make you see that I'm yours?"

Is Barbara Elsborg becoming one of my favorite authors? You bet.  Did I love this book? Hell, Yes.  What was my favorite part?  Conrad coming into his own.  Did I love Archer and Conrad together?  Yes, every moment of it.  They are the perfect match for one another.  Did I love the story?  Yes, from the love match to the suspense?  Was it better then the first book?  Tied.  They're both great but different.  Which I love as often authors become formulatic within series.  Will I continue with this series if there are more?  You couldn't stop me. I loved it.  It's dark, raw, deep and so lovely at the same time.  

Great Couple. Great Story.  Great Dialogue. Amazing Book!

4.5 Loved it Thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up . 5

Lauren


PRE-ORDER FOR JULY 28/15: AMAZON (US) | AMAZON (CAN)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.