Sunday 28 April 2013

Flawless

Flawless (Irresistible Attraction #4)

M/M (transgender)
by

Steve Campbell used to be a player, until a mid-life crisis opened his eyes to his long-repressed love for Connor, his soon-to-be-married best friend and business partner. Coming out at thirty-eight means learning how to date all over again, and this time, Steve’s not willing to settle for empty one-night stands. He wants the real thing.

Gil Alvarez has never had it easy, struggling through childhood and rejected by his family for a body that didn’t match who he was inside. A skilled driver and mechanic, he’s working hard to make his auto shop a success. The last thing he needs is a rich white guy in a candy-apple-red Ferrari tempting him, but Steve’s ready smile and easygoing manner prove irresistible.

One brief, intimate encounter leaves them both hungry for more. Gil’s not ashamed of who he is, but he’s terrified that Steve will reject him—or worse—when he discovers what Gil can’t find the courage to tell him.


Synopsis from Goodreads



Source: eARC from NetGalley for honest review



My Review...

So, normally I am a big fan of the m/m genre and this book looked intriguing from the synopsis but unfortunately I did not realize that it was book 4 in a series and I even though it could be read as a stand alone I think that I would have enjoyed the book better have a deeper connection with Steve.


So, since I didn't have the background I found Steve's character a bit shallow and superficial.  Where as I did like Gil's character more and  I felt his story line was much deeper than Steve's.  This is the first book that I have read that touches onto the transgender story line. I will admit that I don't really know a lot about that so I think Cat did a good job touching on it.  If I knew that was the story line I might not have read the story but I am glad that I did. 





I felt like it was well written but I just didn't connect. I don't know if I didn't connect to the story or the characters.  However, after reading this I would read the others in the series to get a better feel for the whole big story.



3 thumbs up! 
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.