Monday 21 October 2013

Book Boyfriend Monday - Jake Andrews

Gah!  I freakin' love this boy so much.  This week's Book BF is Jake Andrews from More than this by Jay Maclean.

How did Jake steal my heart?
  1. He is so freakin' loving and supporting that it makes your heart swell.
  2. He is loyal and has the patience of a saint
  3. He is beautiful inside and out.   

Some of the reasons I love Jake:
"I'm thinking that maybe I'm really far from more than a lot liking you, Mikayla Jones."

"It's just you. It's only ever been just you. It will always only ever be just you."

We're testing each other. Seeing how far we can take this before something snaps.  Most likely my dick.

"Because if I kiss you, then I'll want to taste you, if I taste you, then I'll need to fuck you. And when I duck you, it means your mine. And when I make you mine, I want to be in our bed. Not a hotel room...Is that okay?"

Jake Andrews was wrong. He was so wrong. He didn't need to do this to make me his. I was his the moment he asked me to move here with him. And the moment he held my hand at the funeral. The moment he took me into his home when I had nowhere else to go. I was his the moment he held me, while I cried in the back of the ambulance. When he was my strength when I had none. I was his the moment he cleared his throat, and I looked up at him with tears in my eyes, in that tiny little hallway just outside the restrooms at the restaurant .

All quotes and phrases from eARC of More Than This by Jay Maclean.

Click HERE for My Review of More Than this

More Than This (More #1)

by
*Mikayla*
In one night my fairytale ended. Or it may have begun. This is my story of friendship and love, heartbreak and desire, and the strength to show weakness.

*Jake*
One night I met a girl. A sad and broken girl, but one more beautiful than any other. She laughed through her sadness, while I loved through her heartbreak.

*This is our story of a maybe ever after.*

He was right. It made no difference whether it was 6 months or 6 years.
I couldn’t undo what had been done. I couldn’t change the future.
I couldn’t even predict it.
It was one night.
One night when everything changed.
It was so much more than just the betrayal.
It was the Tragedy.
The Deaths.
The Murders.
But it was also that feeling.
The feeling of falling.

Synopsis from Goodreads

Buy MORE THAN THIS (Kindle)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.