Saturday 4 October 2014

Echoes of Scotland Street by Samantha Young -#bookreview

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L9AXVJM/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00L9AXVJM&linkCode=as2&tag=lirebr-20&linkId=VUB6FBDA2CVPWQ6W
Echoes of Scotland Street (On Dublin Street #5)

  by

Shannon MacLeod has always gone for the wrong type of man. After she drifted from one toxic relationship to the next, her last boyfriend gave her a wakeup call in the worst possible way. With her world shattered, she’s sworn off men—especially those of the bad-boy variety.

Cole Walker is exactly the sort that Shannon wants to avoid—gorgeous, tattooed, charming, and cocky. But his rough exterior hides a good man who’s ready to find “the one.” He’s determined to pull Shannon from her self-imposed solitude and win her heart.

As Shannon opens up in the face of Cole’s steady devotion, the passion between them ignites to blazing levels. But when Shannon’s past comes back to haunt her, her fears may destroy the trust Cole has built between them—and tear them apart for good…









 Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy from Penguin/NAL
Genre: NA/Adult Contemporary
Part 5 in the series 


My Echoes of Scotland Street Review ...

I really do love this series and I have been dying for Cole's story.  I have to admit I was surprised that it was not from Cole's POV but it totally worked from Shannon's.  Cole has always had a piece of my heart since we first meet him as a 14 year old boy.  He was so shy, loyal and sweet and he turned out to be such an amazing beautiful man. 


Cole and Shannon have a brief meeting when they are 15 but don't meet again for another 9 years.  In that time Shannon has dated douchebag after douchebag causing a rift in her brutal family.  For Cole he as always been searching for the one that he can love forever.  *sigh*  Even though he may look like a tattooed bad ass player he is anything but. 

Since Shannon has constantly been burnt with her bad choices she immediately judges Cole's character.  Which causes quite the animosity between the two.  Once she gets to know Cole's family & friends she quickly learns that she may have made a bad error in her judgement call. 


Once she realizes that Cole is not anything like her loser exes she gives him a chance and their love blossoms, and she starts to heal and regain her self worth that she has lost with her past choices. 

Even though her family sucks ball excluding Logan (who is awesome and I can't wait for his story.:}) She makes a promise to her brother to try to mend the gap of her family but doing this she potentially can lose the best thing that has ever happened to her. 
I couldn't believe what she'd said to me. I didn't even know what I'd done to deserve it. 
(Come on Shannon!!! What a daft twat! She was so woe is me that she couldn't tell this difference from her head from her ass at this point.  I will admit there were times I wanted to choke hold the stupidity out of her or yank her head out of her ass) 

Once again Shannon was ignorant to her choices and opens her big mouth causing all kinds of pain for Cole but thankfully Logan sets her straight. 


Throughout the book I loved Cole and I was so happy to see him get what he deserves which is true happiness and feeling of wholeness.  Great series! Great Story.  Thankfully we get to see the whole tribe in this story as well You can never get enough of Braden, Cam or Nate. :)

4 Cole loving thumbs up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up 
Lauren
 
The On Dublin Street Series: 
 
On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street #1): Amazon (Kindle) | My Review
Until Fountain Bridge (On Dublin Street #1.5) : Amazon (Kindle) | My Review
Down London Road (On Dublin Street #2) : Amazon (Kindle) | My Review
Castle Hill (On Dublin Street #2.5 ) : Amazon (Kindle) | My Review
Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street #3) : Amazon (Kindle) | My Review
Fall from India Place (On Dublin Street #4) : Amazon (Kindle) | My Review
Echoes of Scotland Street (On Dublin Street #5) : Amazon (Kindle)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.