Monday 29 December 2014

The Surrender Trilogy by Lydia Michaels ~ #bookreviews




http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BSY6UAQ/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00BSY6UAQ&linkCode=as2&tag=lirebr-20&linkId=QUVVCNRIHGUOV4P7

Falling In (The Surrender Trilogy #1)

by

The debut of an emotionally charged and highly erotic contemporary romance trilogy, in which love and trust are the most dangerous games of all…

With a dark past that would have shattered most people, Evelyn “Scout” Keats is doing what no one in her bleak world thinks possible—getting off the streets and leaving her impoverished life behind. She’s a new maid at the luxurious Patras Hotel, and aims to keep her job no matter what. But that doesn’t mean she’s going to sacrifice her dignity, or let anyone into her heart. The risk of losing either is just too great.

When hotel tycoon Lucian Patras discovers Evelyn in a compromising position, he uses everything at his disposal to seduce her—a proposition that both surprises and frightens her.

Ignorant to her true circumstances, Lucian relentlessly pursues Scout as a prize to be won. But he is soon given an unforgettable lesson in love and sacrifice when he learns how far Scout has gone to gain her independence and discovers that there are some things money can never buy.

LOOK FOR THE NEXT BOOK IN THE SERIES, BREAKING OUT





Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Penguin/NAL Publishing
Genre: Erotic Adult Contemporary
Part 1 in a Trilogy. Has a cliff hanger.

My Falling In Review ...

Gah! Totally what I needed to get me out of my reading funk.  This was one of those books that was on my TBR and I signed up saying I would review it but once I read the synopsis I wasn't sure I was in the mood for the book.  However, I had a time frame so I made myself read it and Squee! I am so happy I did.  It was great.  So not what I expected but it was so well done.  It was divided into parts.  Each part was a different POV which I felt gave a great balance and depth to the book.

Scout (Evelyn) just wants a job so she can climb out of the whole she was born into.  She doesn't just want this job, she needs it.  With a switch of plans one day she finds her self face to face with her billionaire boss.  After making a mistake with her boss she fears losing her job only to have a different kind of proposition instead. 
"You don't intimidate me, Lucian," she whispered brazenly. "Well, that's good. I don't want to intimidate you. I want to master you, love you so thoroughly, know you completely, in a way no one else ever has, and that doesn't happen when one feels threatened, coerced, or intimidated. I'd say we're making progress."
With Scout she is a bit of an enigma with her innocence but also her fierce street survival smarts.  The moment Lucian sees Scout he wants to possess her but they are worlds apart.  I wasn't sure this rags to riches story was going to work but Lydia Michaels mastered it.  I was hooked in immediately with Scout and Lucian.  They may be worlds apart but yet so similar in so many regards. 


Scout knows she is selling a bit of herself to have the comfort of a roof over her head and a meal to have, but it's only sex and she thinks she will be able to compartmentalize these things.  As Lucian pursues Scout he takes what he desires and wants to possess but what he didn't count on was taking her virtue which throws him in a loop and into uncharted territory.
"... I'll teach you anything you're interested in learning. I never want you to feel like you're less because you can't do something. Anything you want to learn, I'll teach you. Even without those skills, you're so much more than anyone else in this world."
For Lucian it is a tug and pull situation trying to find a balance to their needs and wants.  As Lucian tries to get over what he took he causes Scout to run.  Thinking that she deserves better he lets her go not realizing that he needs her in his life and she fills a spot in his heart that he didn't realize he needed filling till it was almost too late.
"Look at me. Evelyn.  I love you and you can't put up walls between us because love scares you.  Keep all your words locked in, but silence does not make your feelings any less real. ..."
Desperate to find Scout he makes a deal with the devil but worth it so he can get her back.  As he has her back Lucian teaches Scout about her self and her sexuality.  The more the explore the more they both fall.  As they fall so did I, only to be ripped open by a cliffhanger. Argh!! Thankfully this series is complete and I will be devouring the next two immediately.


4.5 Encompassing Thumbs up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up . 5
Lauren 

BUY: AMAZON (Kindle) 


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BSY6UE2/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00BSY6UE2&linkCode=as2&tag=lirebr-20&linkId=RE4PN4VSQSFRLBFC
Breaking Out (The Surrender Trilogy #2)

by
Second in the darkly compelling, sexually-charged contemporary romance trilogy, in which two men vie for the mind, body, and heart of a woman who may never give in to their wishes—or her own…

Evelyn “Scout” Keats has left behind her painful past of surviving on the streets, and is now living in the luxurious penthouse master suite of Hotel Patras with her lover, billionaire Lucian Patras. But what she doesn’t know is the price Lucien paid for her freedom.

To protect Scout’s life, Lucian cut a deal with a dangerous man from her past, Parker Hughes. He swore to stay away from her for thirty days, even though he knows Parker will be fighting to keep them apart for good and take Scout as his own.

Yet neither man realizes that Scout is not about to be used as a prize or a bargaining chip for any man’s power play—and she falls back on her hard-earned self-respect and courage to show both men that the only person she truly needs is herself.

But Lucien has other plans…

DON’T MISS COMING HOME, THE THIRD AND FINAL NOVEL IN THE SURRENDER TRILOGY
ADD TO GOODREADS

BUY: AMAZON (KINDLE)


Source: Kindle
Genre: Erotic Adult Contemporary
Part 2 of 3


My Breaking out (Surrender #2) Review ...

This book starts with Evelyn (Scout) and Lucian together in their groove of a new relationship but it sure doesn't end that way.  The closer Evelyn and Lucian get the more Lucian starts to panic about his deal with the devil, while it is making its way to the forefront with the help of his ex best friend.
"I love you, Evelyn.  I want you to know, no matter the mistakes I've made in the past or the mistakes I'm sure to make in the future, I've never loved anyone the way I love you."

Scout thinks are going good until Lucian dumps her and she goes running back to her friend Parker.  All she needs is a friend but Parker finally plays his hands and shows what he wants.  With Scout being devastated she allows it until finally Lucian gets his head out of his ass and fights for what is his, but now that the truth is out and it may be too late.
"She may be poor, but she's the only person I've ever met with as much determination as me.  She's my match, and for the first time in my life, I finally understand what others fear when they face me in a board meeting.  If she's determined never to be with me again, take my word, she won't."
Finally Evelyn thought she could be happy and move forward with her life and get the happiness she deserves but maybe she was just a pawn in this game of chess.

4.5 Game Playing Thumbs up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up . 5
Lauren 


 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CLFCOVA/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CLFCOVA&linkCode=as2&tag=lirebr-20&linkId=ETSG3JDGJU6WS5HA
Coming Home (The Surrender Trilogy #3)

by
The conclusion of the savage, sensual Surrender trilogy in which betrayal, pain, and vengeance threaten to destroy a passion between two damaged souls…

Evelyn “Scout” Keats thought she finally found her long-sought happiness in billionaire Lucian Patras. But even though Lucian has always treated her like a queen, she has discovered she is nothing more than a pawn in his own secret game.

Worse, her long-time friend and supposed shining knight, Parker Hughes has also used her for his own interests by playing a part in Lucian’s game. Everyone’s honor is suspect, and no one can be trusted. It is Scout’s worst nightmare come to life.

As she struggles to comprehend the cost of a broken heart and the value of love, she must choose, once and for all, how much her pride can endure—and how much she is willing to risk to be truly happy.



ADD TO GOODREADS

BUY: AMAZON (KINDLE)


Source: Kindle
Genre: Erotic Adult Contemporary
Part 3 of 3

My Coming Home (Surrender #3) Review ...

Evelyn can't count on anyone but herself now that her one true friend and love of her life have betrayed her.   Now she needs to invest in herself and move forward.  This is a good plan but one Lucian Patras is not playing along and he will do anything to convince that they need each other.


"I never had anything, but I thought I had you, and losing you was just too much to bear."
" ... I'd do it all over again, Evelyn.  It'd kill me, but I would.  I'd save you again and again, no matter the cost, because that's how badly I need to know you're safe."
Lucian might be the only one who wants them together as there are many outside influences playing this game trying to keep them apart. Hell even Evelyn thinks they shouldn't be together but it doesn't mean her heart and brain are on the same page.
"I need you, Evelyn."  He stepped closer, tilting her head back.  "I need you more than the air I breathe."

"Nothing is right when you're absent.  I own the whole damn city, but when you aren't here, I can't find home."
"I spent nearly a month without you.  I won't do it again, Evelyn.  Not in word or action will I tolerate such distance between us.  I want you, in my life, in my days, in my bed, and I don't intend to acquiesce all that much.  You want your independence? That's fine ... for now.  But there's only so much a man can take."
But being on her own is not what it's all cracked up to be and Lucian sweeps in and helps her once again convincing her that they need each other.  As they start to move forward of course life beats them down again, but is their love strong enough to pull through when it is needed.
So many women believed submissiveness was a weakness, mindless subservience enacted to inflate a male's ego.  They were wrong.  It was strength.  Her strength was the trigger.  The strength to let go, the strength to trust in another's ability to know how much they might take, the strength to believe they're utterly beautiful without facades and conceit. Raw.
It was a woman bared in naked truth, secure enough to give over to her man, surrender every bit of struggle to be a queen at the top of the king's mountain.  There was such a high esteem in his mind for the strength it took to surrender here, yet remain empowered in the outside world. He felt nothing but utter admiration for any woman capable of collapsing such self-preservation after just once command.
I loved this story!  The whole trilogy had me ensnared.  After I got the chance of an ARC for Falling In, I immediately bought and downloaded the next two as I had to find out what was going to happen for these two.  Let me tell I did not get a lot of sleep in those 48 hours while I read and worked, but it was so worth it.  Lydia Michaels is by far becoming one of my favorite authors and I can't wait to read more from her.
"Evelyn, be my queen, protect me, stand by me, love me and I promise to always do the same."
4.5 Well Played Thumbs up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up . 5
Lauren



BUY: AMAZON (KINDLE)




  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.