Monday 2 March 2015

The 27 Club by Kim Karr ~ #bookreview

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OQS4GL6/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00OQS4GL6&linkCode=as2&tag=lirebr-20&linkId=RB5WHTMUPR4VDZSV
The 27 Club

by

You don’t know when…
You don’t get to choose if…
When it’s time to join…you’ll know.

You might think you want to be a member—but trust me this is one club you don’t want to join. It’s not a place where people go to live out their deepest, darkest sexual desires—there are no handcuffs or blindfolds.

The 27 Club only admits those who die young and tragically. My brother was recently bestowed membership and joined many of our ancestors before him. I know I’m next. This is my destiny, and I was ready to yield.

But then I met Nate. He awakened a sensuality in me that had never been explored, never satisfied. I knew then I could no longer accept my destiny. Nate’s presence controls me. I’m overwhelmed by his touch, his words; my every thought is consumed by desire. I believe he was brought into my life for a reason.

Nate doesn’t believe in destiny.

But I do.

And if there’s a way to cheat it—I must.






PRE-ORDER MARCH 3/15: AMAZON (KINDLE)



Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of NAL Trade /Penguin Group
Genre: Adult Erotica Romance
Standalone
My The 27 Club Review...

After reading the synopsis I thought I new what I was going into, then after I started reading I wasn't sure what was happening.  This was not a negative effect instead it created a need to keep reading and find out what was happening.  At the beginning I thought the book was going to be about a different couple then BOOM, nope it started off in a completely different yet still very relevant direction. 



Zoey has been brought up to believe that her fate is joining the 27 club where it is a club that you enter via death at the age of 27.  This has been the curse of her family and all she knows so after her brother Zach joins the club she is determined to follow.  

Wanting answers she goes to Miami to find out more about Zach last moments.  Here she meets up with Zach's best friend Nate and gets so much more than answers about Zach's life.  The connection between these two is immediate and powerful but they both have loads of baggage, so it's easier to start a sex only no strings attached relationship then deal with potential feelings. 

What they both didn't count on was coming back to living and enjoying life and living to the fullest.  Which happens when these two are together.  Zoey and Nate are starting to realize that they didn't really know Zach as well as thought they did.  Together they are trying to find some closure but end up opening up so many more doors instead, that they can't deny what is happening between them.


Because Kim Karr is great a building layered detailed webs in some of her stories I was waiting and waiting for something to happen that was going to throw me off course.  In a way it did happen but in a much more subtle way.  As they unturn more information about Zach's life, the web is unfolding their own issues and demons, which intertwine with each other throughout the story.  

I liked this book.  It had heart. It had heartbreak.  It had heartache.  At times I was just about to get annoyed at Zoey with the pushing Nate away, but every time I was about to hate her Kim Karr brought her back and made me feel her angst and understand her more, that I couldn't not like her and root for her to kick destiny's ass and for her and Nate to find some sort of HEA.   This was still a romance book but thankfully had different turns and twists that gave it some extra oomph which made it intriguing and different than others in this at times very repetitive over done formulated genre. 

4 Intriguing Thumbs up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up 
Lauren


PRE-ORDER MARCH 3/15: AMAZON (KINDLE)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.