Monday 30 March 2015

One To Save (One to Hold #6) by Tia Louise ~ #bookreview

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TQET0VG/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00TQET0VG&linkCode=as2&tag=lirebr-20&linkId=ZD3JZBHKFHOVHDAJ
One to Save (One to Hold #6)

by

(Derek & Melissa)

"I lost myself in the darkness of trying to protect you..."

Some threats come at you as friendly fire.
Some threats take away everything.
Family won’t let you go down without a fight.

The Secret isn’t as secure as Derek’s team originally thought it was, and a person on the inside of Alexander-Knight is set on exposing him, breaking him, and taking away all he holds dear.

Refusing to let anyone suffer for his crimes, Derek takes matters into his own hands. He’s exposed, he’s defenseless, but his friends are determined to save him.

A STAND-ALONE, ONE TO HOLD NOVEL. Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.






Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy from Author
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Part 6 of an ongoing series but can be read as a standalone

My One to Save Review... 

I have heard so many good things about Tia Louise books so I jumped at the chance to read this book.  I read it as a standalone but I will admit that I think if I read it as a series that I would have preferred it even more.  I had a gist of what was going on but I still felt like I was missing something with the depth of the characters.  

From what I gathered is that Derek and Melissa have had a rocky beginning. First with Melissa's ex and then with them being together.  After reading this when I get a chance I will have to go back and read so I get the full picture instead of a snippet of these two.  

Melissa has been hurt from lies and deception.  So, when Derek the love of her life does the same thing even though its in a different context she's had enough and she sends him away.  For Derek who has finally come to a good place he refuses to let Melissa go.  He will do whatever he can to get her back. 


There relationship issues are tough enough but now we have a blackmailer trying to expose all of Derek's secrets and Melissa's past.  As Melissa struggles to find what's right in her heart she starts to realize that she may have jumped to a wrong conclusion because of her being hurt before.  

Now that her head is out of her ass she's the one who has to fight for Derek, as all might be lost.  In this book everyone gets together to help fight for Derek and what is right. 

Since I felt a bit lost at times not reading the others it made me not fall quite into the story but then the mystery and suspense started to happen and I got drawn in deeper and deeper that I did finally get into the story and was glad that I stuck to it. 

I did like this book but my biggest regret was not reading the others first.  However, after reading this book it also made me want to go back and read the other's stories.  So in my book that's balances out the negative. 

3.5 Saved Thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up . 5







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.