Saturday 21 February 2015

Forgive Me (Lost Souls #1) by Eliza Freed ~ #bookreview

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FPQCY8U/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00FPQCY8U&linkCode=as2&tag=lirebr-20&linkId=TILXFXCPBKLIOIKS
Forgive Me (Lost Souls #1)


by


When two lost souls find each other, are they still lost?

Charlotte O'Brien is lost in the devastation of her parents' death. With her foundation in ruins, she buries herself in an unlikely lover, Jason Leer.

When they're together it's everything, but when they're apart it's utterly frustrating. Can love survive when distance is measured in more than just miles?


Forgive Me is the first book in The Lost Souls Series.








Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Forever/Grand Central Publishing via NetGalley
Genre: NA Contemporary
Part 1 in an ongoing series

My Forgive Me Review...

Ugh! This book had me angsty the whole time.  As I was reading it I knew a bomb shell was coming but I wasn't sure when.  Charlotte (Annie) and Jason have been childhood friends but grew apart as they got older.  After the death of Charlotte's parents, Jason is the one who comes to her rescue.  Instantly that old friendship turns into a burn the sheets relationship that they are more living then being a part of. 
"You are the only thing I need.  The only thing I want. And you consume me every minute of every day.  With you, I am alive.  Without you, I am not,"
The more they burn the sheets the more their bond strengthens to something more.  Their bond borderlines between soul mates and super dysfunctional.  Their main connection is grieving over losing loved ones which makes them both feel alive but needy for one another.   On a side note , I may have missed the mention of this in the book somewhere but don't young kids use condoms or birth control anymore?? 
"I keep telling him he's all I want, but I do things that completely contradict that statement."


As much as they love each other they are both from different worlds.  Jason is a steer wrestler and goes to college in Oklahoma where Charlotte is in New Jersey going to university there.  The separation is hard for them as Charlotte deals with the absence and her grief with partying and school.  While Jason deals with by rodeoing and school.   At times Jason comes across as controlling but the root of his fear is losing Charlotte which makes him overbearing and overprotective at times.  
"You are naive, Annie.  It's the difference between belonging to each other and belonging with each other."
With Charlotte I get her need for independence and all but she's a bit reckless and her friends don't seem like the best influence on her.   The more time apart and the worse their relationship gets causing me so much angst I wanted to put the book down, just knowing I'm not going to like what happens.  
".... When I'm away from you I am lost.  But, when I'm with you I am lost in you. ..."
These two are kind of like watching a train wreck happen where these two used sex and that connection to not deal with reality which caused everything to implode.  Which was really inevitable but still hard to watch.  And then ..... we are left with a emotional cliffhanger. Argh!! My heart! 

4 Angsty Thumbs up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
Lauren







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.